Thursday, January 7, 2010

a reader

From a reader: "I just finished reading The HP Phenomenon book. I am speechless. Anything I write here will fall short of the merited justice and compliments it deserves, but I'll try. I've been looking forward to the publication of the book for several years. 'What's taking them so long?' I wondered... This book about HP is not like any that I had imagined. It is awesome.
"In it there are far more details, references, interviews, individual history, product history, project history, division history, corporate history and HP history than seems possible.... I noticed, while reading each page, every line and sentence has detailed meaningful information. It surprised me how much detail is included about our competition, their history, products, and successes (or failures).
"A fine reference book. I was thankful that you covered many events, meetings, and quotes of many of our managers at HP. When I read the last page I found I had tears in my eyes because your book was a good read, sincerely appreciated, and precious. Thanks for writing it."

2 comments:

Gerg said...

Totally agree. This book is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.

chuck said...

We are proud of the work, but much more proud to find that HP-ites (and for that matter, a lot of others) seem to find it both readable and valuable